Have you ever attended a Christmas party where you bump into the ONE person who was always there for you during the past year? You'd thank them for being such a RockStar, right???
If you remember last year we all roasted our Ninja Captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh in the first ever CheersFest.
This year, we decided to choose a new victim. (Er.. roast-ee)
The 2013 recipient of the CheersFest is none other than Arlee "Lee" Bird!!!!!
On his main blog, “Tossing It Out,” Lee describes himself, in part, “as a writer, speaker, entertainer, music lover, collector, husband, father, grandfather, friend, traveler, seeker of truth and wisdom.” He majored in English while at the University of Tennessee, has blogged since 2008, and currently has six blogs that delve into his diverse mind.
The original brains behind the annual A to Z Challenge, Lee can be counted on to pay it forward and is a well-respected member of the blogging community.
Hosted again by Mark Koopmans, Me, David Powers King, Stephen Tremp and The Ninja Captain himself, CheersFest 2.0 will go LIVE! Dec. 9, 2013.
In order to proper cheer (or roast) Lee, here are four questions for you to answer on CheersFest Day, but please keep the retorts short – (no longer than 20 words each):
- Why did Lee come up with the A-Z Challenge?
- If someone dreams about being a juggler, what does it mean?
- Is a post by Mr. Bird worth two in the bush?
- Who could play Lee in a documentary? (Living or dead.)
In +/- 100 words, (excluding the title) write flash fiction using all these prompts:
- Brown Jacket
For Bonus Points:
- In +/- 40 words, can you come up with a caption for Lee’s Facebook picture?
As usual, the Very Demanding Rules of CheersFest include:
- Join the Linky List *below*
- Have fun
- Post your 200 (total) word contribution ON Monday, Dec. 9, 2013.
- No, seriously. Have Fun!
Two winners – chosen by Lee – will each win a prize:
- An autographed color photo of Arlee Bird appearing as the Court Wizard in the World of Fantasy Players. Also included in the first prize pack are an assortment of promotional materials from Lee’s show biz days with a personal letter and a brief history of his entertainment career.
- A personalized graphics design from Jeremy at Being Retro for the winner’s blog. (Jeremy will design a header, badge, button, banner, or whatever might appeal to the winner.)
Excited to roast and toast our blogger buddy, Lee?
If so, the Linky is now open. Sign up and we’ll see you on Dec. 9th
Red. Head. Out. :)